i have some question about flex and hope you could help me:
1. is there any good collection of UI controls/components ???(e.g. datetime picker, paging
datagrid..)..i found some free/opensource sample, but they buggy, ugly or
2. is there any 'large'/long-running vendor selling flex UI components? in some project i use
.net, there are infragistic, telerik...etc ...
but for flex, i search the web, seems no such software company...
3. could you recommend some books for writing good custom UI components?
(in case there is no vendor/no suitable controls, i need to write my own)..
To m one of the benefit of Flex is that it comes with those controls/components. You will be surprise what you can do with them.
as the build-in component is far from enough and i don't want to build and maintance these components by myself.
so i am looking for a more comprehensive set to UI components, both free or commercial are ok.
but, what i meet is that i can't find such components in the market!!
so, i wonder if i can rely on Flex to build a usable application for in house use.
as i said b4, there is no:
1. datetime picker
2. paging table
3. keyboard mnemonics
4. text field / area no redo/undo
5. no titled border (i.e. a control to surround another control (canvas?) and give a text description)
i know there are many many other fancy control available in the web, but i can't (or i don't know where to) find these common UI component.
as i am new to flex, i don't want to build all the controls i needed, i would rather buy them (of course at reasonable price!).
again....anybody know such kind of popular/well-know UI component suite ? (especially with the above controls i mention)