2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2009 9:53 AM by ppk luk

Do Flex has rich set of components(UI or non-UI)/feature?

ppk luk

Hi all,

i have some question about flex and hope you could help me:

1. is there any good collection of UI controls/components ???(e.g. datetime picker, paging

datagrid..)..i found some free/opensource sample, but they buggy, ugly or

non-flexible(e.g. http://code.google.com/p/flex-component-library/, http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&loc=en_us&extid=1784 022)...

2.  is there any 'large'/long-running vendor selling flex UI components? in some project i use

.net, there are infragistic, telerik...etc ...

but for flex, i search the web, seems no such software company...

3. could you recommend some books for writing good custom UI components?

(in case there is no vendor/no suitable controls, i need to write my own)..

thank you.

ppk luk

• 1. Re: Do Flex has rich set of components(UI or non-UI)/feature?
          babo_ya Level 3

To m one of the benefit of Flex is that it comes with those controls/components. You will be surprise what you can do with them.

BaBo,

• 2. Re: Do Flex has rich set of components(UI or non-UI)/feature?
            ppk luk Level 1

Hi,

as the build-in component is far from enough and i don't want to build and maintance these components by myself.

so i am looking for a more comprehensive set to UI components, both free or commercial are ok.

but, what i meet is that i can't find such components in the market!!

so, i wonder if i can rely on Flex to build a usable application for in house use.

as i said b4, there is no:

1. datetime picker

2. paging table

3. keyboard mnemonics

4. text field / area no redo/undo

5. no titled border (i.e. a control to surround another control (canvas?) and give a text description)

i know there are many many other fancy control available in the web, but i can't (or i don't know where to) find these common UI component.

as i am new to flex, i don't want to build all the controls i needed, i would rather buy them (of course at reasonable price!).

again....anybody know such kind of popular/well-know UI component suite ? (especially with the above controls i mention)

thank you.

ppk luk