3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2009 4:33 PM by the_wine_snob

Why am I getting unwanted momentary freeze frames on DVD?

rdquigley

After editing a one hour video in Premier Pro CS4, putting Encore Chapter Markers on the timeline, exporting to Encore, creating  a menu and burning to DVD, I keep getting these momentary freeze frames near the chapter marks on the final DVD.  I tried clearing all chapter markers and re-doing it, but I still get this really annoying stop motion effect.  All the action stops for a couple of seconds, then moves on.I haven't run into this before.  I assume it's got something to do with the chapter markers.  Anybody got any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Why am I getting unwanted momentary freeze frames on DVD?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Now, you might get more help in the Encore forum, but let's see what we can do, since you are here.

First some questions:

Where are you seeing this "freeze frame?" Is it when the DVD-Video is played on a set-top player?

What brand of media are you burning to?

Can you post a screen-cap of your Timeline with your DVD Markers? Hint: use the little "camera" icon in the lower-middle of the edit screen's Toolbar.

Good luck,

Hunt

[Edit] Can you also give the full info on your Encore Project, with particular attention to the navigation, End Actions and any Overrides that you might have used?

Message was edited by: the_wine_snob Added [Edit]

• 2. Re: Why am I getting unwanted momentary freeze frames on DVD?
            rdquigley Level 1

Thank you for your reply.  It turns out, after reading your comment about the DVD player I was using (where it was located, etc.), that the problem was the player.  It was the location, but the player itself that was consistently malfunctioning.  Thanks for leading me in the right direction.  Sometimes explanations are less complicated than we anticipate

Bob Q.

• 3. Re: Why am I getting unwanted momentary freeze frames on DVD?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Bob,

Glad that you got it sorted. One thing that I'd like to add is blank media. I was heading in that direction above, as it is often a very big cause for similar playability issues. I highly recommend Verbatim, or Taiyo Yuden media. One user here also really likes Falcon. Brands such as Memorex, Ritek and many others (especially "store brands") should be avoided at all costs.

Good luck, and glad to hear that it was a player issue.

Hunt