5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2009 7:25 PM by Sean_Wilson

Color Shift from Quicktime Movie

MARKWBA

Ok, Here is my problem.  When I do a copy and paste into director from a Quicktime movie for the first and last frame of my movie the is a noticible color shift when the movie starts to play on my command and when the movie transitions from the last frame of the QT to the still i have placed at the end of the movie.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Color Shift from Quicktime Movie
          Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

It's possibly codec related, but you don't say how you're performing this copy-and-paste so that might be impacting it too. Why not place the member on-stage, turn off DTS (so that you can grab an image), set the movieTime appropriately and snag (the stage).image.crop(sprite.rect) into a #bitmap member? That way your screen grab should have the same colours as the file played in Director.

• 2. Re: Color Shift from Quicktime Movie
            MARKWBA Level 1

I'm doing a apple-c in QuickTime and apple-v right into the director 

cast. The wierd thing is I have figured out that while the resizeable 

option in the movie template is checked on there is no color shift. As 

soon as I uncheck it the problem occurs again and I need to publish a 

full screen projector with no obstructions (title bar / resize 

etc...). The problem occurs no matter what codec I use (h264/ 

sorenson). The only one that works is apple animation but the files 

are way to big and chug in a projector.

Any more ideas?

Mark

• 3. Re: Color Shift from Quicktime Movie
              Any more ideas?

Did you try what I suggested and do your screen capture from within Director?

• 4. Re: Color Shift from Quicktime Movie
                MARKWBA Level 1

My director skills are fairly basic. Any chance you can direct me to 

an online tutorial that would walk me through this process?

I use director in a limited way. My final product is a sequence of 

about 150 QuickTime movies strung together in director that I cue with 

specific key commands.

Thanks for your help already

M

• 5. Re: Color Shift from Quicktime Movie
                  My director skills are fairly basic. Any chance you can direct me to 

an online tutorial that would walk me through this process?

Open your Director file. Locate a QuickTime member in your cast library. Open the Property Inspector and navigate it to the QuickTime tab where you should uncheck DTS. Drag this member onto the stage to create a sprite in channel 1 in an otherwise empty section of your score. Open your Message Window and execute the following lines of code, one at a time, by pressing the RETURN key at the end of each line:

sprite(1).movieTime = 0
                  updateStage
                  new(#bitmap).image = (the stage).image.duplicate.crop(sprite(1).rect)
                  sprite(1).movieTime = sprite(1).member.duration
                  updateStage
                  new(#bitmap).image = (the stage).image.duplicate.crop(sprite(1).rect)