The same error occurs when trying to load a module with ModuleLoader. The modules being loaded are MXML modules.
I believe that API changed recently. Have you recompiled your modules with the latest SDK as well, or is something possibly out of sync?
If recompiling/cleaning the project doesnt solve the issue, can you please file a bug at http://bugs.adobe.com/flex/ and include a simple test case and somebody can take a look.
Thanks for the reply. I've uninstalled FB and reinstalled, created a new project then used existing code, tried the two diff. SDK's, same results. Cleaned over and over.
However creating a new project and only using ModuleLoader in the app and loading a simple Module in the same folder works. So will try some more troubleshooting.
Thanks again for the reply.
I've added to my list of things to check for when using nightly builds. After your reply I noticed that even though FB standalone is auto compiling and I always clean, all of my mods were still not going into bin-debug, so I noticed in the project properties all of the mods were not attached, I haven't had this issue before with past nightly's but... the error given seemed misleading. I'm loading the module and it's found, so I would have expected a different error given.
So if it helps anyone else my short check list for nightly's -
- In project properties, in the library path, framework.swc has to be first in the list or after playerglobal.swc. If not I have an IVisualElement error.
- Check the version of framework, rpc, spark, textLayout.swf under bin-debug. I've had newer SDK's put older versions in that I've used. I rename my SDK to the version# to spot easier.
- Make sure all modules are specified for the project in project properties. If not the error that started this discussion comes up.
- The popular one - copy netmon.swc to the sdk/ frameworks/ libs folder.
What was the issue with the IVisualElement error? I've seen a few vague references to it in forums and blogs but I'm not sure if we have a bug filed on the issue.
If you have a small reproducible test case, can you please file a bug at http://bugs.adobe.com/flex/ and somebody can take a look at it.
All that I have to do is to create a new project, I don't even need anything added to the app (components, script, etc.), then when I run debug, I get this error
This is the application
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
The projects default library setup is
I found that if I move framework.swc directly below playerglobal.swc or on top then I do not get this error.
If it matters I am using a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.5.8, however I have not tried on my MacPro or in Windows yet.
I filed a Bug Report, Key: FB-22934; I hope I did this properly.
Below is a discussion about the IVisualElement problem; also in this discussion I just added a regular problem that I have when updating the nightly SDK, in which my last used SDK seems to be referenced under bin-debug. I'm not liking the troubleshooting time when using new nightly's but I definitely understand.
Author Subject Views Replies Last Post MikisM87 Flash Builder and Flex4 SDK 9731+ issue 195 8 3 minutes agoby jdesko