2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2009 12:31 AM by rollandjb

Generating classes for all types in WSDL

rollandjb

Is there a way to get Flash Builder to generate classes for all the complex types found in a WSDL?

The web service I am trying to connect to essentially has one method that takes a BaseRequest object and returns a BaseResponse object. If passed a DerivedRequest object (extending BaseRequest), it returns a DerivedResponse (extending BaseResponse). However, Flash Builder only generates classes for BaseRequest and BaseResponse, and not DerivedRequest or DerivedResponse.

Thanks for any help

• 1. Re: Generating classes for all types in WSDL
          Gaurav P(Adobe)

The Web Service import wizard generates Value Object classes for all the associated data types required by the imported operations. Say you imported only 2 out of 10 operations mentioned in the WSDL, you will have classes generated for only those data typed required by the 2 imported operations, which may not result in generation of all data types.

In the case mentioned by you, what I assume is that, the operations are mentioned in the WSDL to return the BaseResponse and take BaseRequest as param.

Now using the above mentioned logic the introspector does not know that the derivedResponse may be required and does not import it. Had the operation pointed to the DerivedResponse directly it would have got imported.

A suggested workaround can be that you implement the custom properties in the generated Is there a way to get Flash Builder to generate classes for all the complex types found in a WSDL?

Currently there is no such switch in FB. You may log an enhancement request at http://bugs.adobe.com/jira for the same.

Thanks,

- Gaurav

• 2. Re: Generating classes for all types in WSDL
            rollandjb Level 1

Maybe the wizard should locate and generate Value Object classes for all the types that are extensions of any selected operation parameter or return type.

I shall log a bug/enhancement request.

Thanks for your response.

Rolland