Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

glossary becomes a blank page

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2009 Sep 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Robohel HTML Version 7. After generating the .chm file, I cannot get my glossary to show up. I have already put in all the terms that I wanted but when I open the glossary tab, it's blank. Anyone knows why?

glossary.GIF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the HHACTIVEX.DLL installed and registered on the PC? Click here to find out more.

Read the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2011 Aug 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an ancient post, but my users are having this same problem with the compiled CHM file that I gave them

using RoboHelp 7.  I can see the glossary on my PC (running XP), so I referred my users to the information I found re the hhctrl.oxc file, and I

send them my copy of hhctrl.ocx file.  I also noticed that there are several places out there to download one, but I don't know anything about

these sites, and I'm not comfortable telling users to get the file this way.

Here is what happened pasted from a user's email to me:

Start > Run regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx produces

[Window Title]

RegSvr32

[Content]
The module "hhctrl.ocx" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8002801c.

For more information about this problem, search online using the error code as a search term.

I also tried the CMD prompt with the directories C:\, C:\Windows and C:\Windows\System32. Same results.

Please help!

Thanks,

--Kat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

That's not the correct file. The file you need to distribute (and that they need to subsequently register) is HHActiveX.DLL.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick,

I have forwarded this on to them, and I will let you know what happens.  I appreciate you getting back to me so quickly!

--Kat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  Now why couldn't I find this out through hours of searching online, I wonder?

Again, a million thanks!

--Kat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2011 Aug 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kat (Love the name)

Anyhoo, I'd have to say it's an honest testament to the innate usefulness and how *WELL* the new Community Help system is working, no?

Forums search is another story and will hopefully be fixed when they upgrade in the next month or so.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2011 Aug 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Yes, Community Help rocks!

Just to recap:  For 64-Bit machines, users can manually fix this problem by doing the following:

1. Copy hhactivex.dll to C:\windows\syswow64

2. From CMD prompt:  c:\windows\syswow64>regsrv32 hhactivex.dll

For 32-Bit machines: same thing -- just substitute system32 for syswow64

So here's another question for you related to this original post:

Since several of our users and developers have had this problem, our developers want to incorporate

this file and the registration of it into our product installation and product updates.  From what they

tell me, putting this into the installer is a no-brainer, but they use different (and apparently older), software

for their frequent product updates. The update software does not distinguish between a 32bit and 64bit O/S, and

it costs $$$ to upgrade it, so they have managed to work-around a lot of the problems.

Do you or anybody else have any suggestions ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2011 Aug 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just built two flavours of installer (32 and 64 bit) to get around the issue of which version of regsvr32 to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp