1 person found this helpful
search for a tutorial on using the Tween class or one of the other tween classes freely available (like TweenLite). once you know how to use one of the tween classes to animate your mask you can use an onComplete or onTweenFinished function to display your various quotes.
Thanks for the reply. I would normally create tweens using the timeline. So you are saying:
Forget about the timeline
1) First learn how to block out the text using a tween mask - controlled by Actionscript
2) Then learn how to pull in a quote (from an xml document) using onComplete or onTweenFinished ie: "onComplete load new quote randomly"
3) Set the mask to loop so that it continually masks and retrieves a new quote
Is this near to the solution?
Do you have any links that may help me?
forget about the timeline. that will be much too cumbersome.
1. learn how to tween a movieclip's width and/or height.
2. learn how to load and parse an xml file if that's where you will store the quotes to be used by your flash. store the quotes in an array
3. select and display a random array element each time your mask tween completes unmasking the previous quote.
if you know nothing about flash actionsript tweens i'd recommend using tweenlite (or any number of 3rd party tweening classes). they're just about all easier to use and have more features than the flash Tween class.
Thanks for the help
I'll check out your advice.