4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2009 5:50 AM by jtgorman2

JIRA Functionality Disabled

Vera Carr Level 2

Due to significant recent performance and reliability issues with our JIRA bug database, we will be making a series of changes over the next several weeks. So far, the changes we've made include disabling the following functionality:

• RSS
      • Remote API calls
      • XML search requests
      • Anonymous browsing

As a result, this may affect some existing apps and public wiki pages using xml search requests.  We apologize for the inconvenience, however, we would like to keep this disabled until we can dive deeper in the cause and possible solutions. Thanks for your patience as we try to resolve this issue.

• 1. Re: JIRA Functionality Disabled
          jtgorman

Not to be rude, but I think it might be better to to just pull JIRA all together and have a page up on the issue.  I say this because I was looking for a place to report some bugs with the Flash 10 player for linux and kept getting redirect to the JIRA site.  I messed around with it for about half an hour, attempting to create an account and browse.

After starting to look for random names (and shortly I was going to start guessing some possible email addresses) from the Administrator list at

I just lucked out intostumbled across this post by trying to find contact info for the list given at https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa.

If your JIRA system seems to have been bonkered for at least a month, maybe you could replace it with a redirect telling us where we should go to report bugs?  I've got one for flash 10 on linux.  I go to http://www.cosmicencounter.com to try playing.  Most of flash works great.  However, trying to "log in" always leads to a timeout.  When I do it on Vista, what happens instead is I get a warning like: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help07.html.  I don't get that in linux.  If I had time I could pore through the developer docs on this "policy file" or whatever it is and provide some pointers to the guy running the site.

If I repeating a bug that is already known, sorry.  I'm mystified at this point where I should go to report bugs, since most of your documentation sends me here.  Or even where at least I could see if this was a known bug or there's something misconfigured on my system.

I'm hoping I don't sound too irritated, I've had a long day debugging some stuff at work myself .

• 2. Re: JIRA Functionality Disabled
            matt_chotin Level 3

Hi,

I'm not sure how you were having issues getting logged into JIRA?  

Yes, the browsing anonymously is disabled right now, but how were not 

able to create an account?  If you want to send your account info we 

can make sure it gets activated, you need to enter a valid email 

address so that the system can send you the confirmation which you 

need to then follow to activate.

As for the Linux issue, might be good to contact the developers and 

let them know you're having trouble logging in on Linux and they can 

try to debug further what's going on with their copy of the debug 

players.

Matt

• 3. Re: JIRA Functionality Disabled
              jtgorman2

Hi, sorry for the account change, but on top of everything else apparently I didn't use the password I thought when I signed up for the jtgorman account for these forums and must have mistyped my email.  I did try it with caps on,  didn't work. Been a little sleep deprieved.

But in response to your questions (Didn't see a quote function in the forum stuff, sorry)

> If you want to send your account info we

> can make sure it gets activated, you need to enter a valid email

> address so that the system can send you the confirmation which you

> need to then follow to activate.

I got the email a bit late, probably flakiness with Gmail.  Went in and confirmed and now it works.

I don't remember seeing anything about an email confirmation being sent out, just something saying I should be able to log into my account.  A little info on the entry page to JIRA would be nice, as it still makes it sounds like you should be able to browse anonymously. (I've used JIRA installs before, but I must admit it always confuses me a bit as a bug tracking system, even when I'm not tired).

> As for the Linux issue, might be good to contact the developers and

> let them know you're having trouble logging in on Linux and they can

> try to debug further what's going on with their copy of the debug

> players.

I've tried contacting the original developer for the cosmicencounter.  We're working through it on now.  I downloaded the standalone debugger last night myself but couldn't quite get it working.  If i get time I'll tweak it on the weekends.  However, I only think that will go so far.  This only happens on the linux version of the flash plugin, the site works fine with Windows.  (Haven't been able to confirm Macs yet, don't have one).  That's why I was hoping to browse the bugs for the linux player, which is why I ended up at JIRA.

• 4. Re: JIRA Functionality Disabled
                jtgorman2 Level 1

btw, meant to end the post above with "thanks for the help."

I think it's time I had some tea.