6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2009 8:01 AM by Ereadable

Cannot Install

Carrol Ray

I am trying to install onto an intel MacBook Pro but I get the message that this software can only be installed on an intel computer and it is an intel.

I have downloaded and tried several times - could it be a snow leopard issue÷

• 1. Re: Cannot Install
          repandey

Hi Carrol,

This does not seems to be a snow leopard issue.

Could you please post the exact error message that you are getting.

Also please post the system configuration of your machine.

• 2. Re: Cannot Install
            Carrol Ray Level 1

I am using a new 15 inch MacBookPro -

OS - 10.6.1

3.06 Intel Cure 2 Duo

4gb memory - 250 gb solid state drive

Running in 64 bit mode

I go to the Adobe website - then to the Digital Edition page and click on

the launch icon which downloads the installer which starts the download.

Then a window pops up which says"  Adobe Digital Editions can't be installed

on this computer.  This installation will only work with intel based macs."

• 3. Re: Cannot Install
              repandey Level 1

Hi Carrol,

Please try installing Digital editions from the following link:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/digitalpublishing/

Download and install the Stand alone installer and let us know if this helped or not.

• 4. Re: Cannot Install
                Carrol Ray Level 1

Tried your suggestion and it still displays the same message.

I am going to stop wasting may time on this product.

Thanks for your help.

• 5. Re: Cannot Install
                  Carrol Ray Level 1

I tried one more thing - I booted into 32 bit mode instead of 64 bit mode and I was able to install the software.

So - it seems that if you boot into 64 bit mode, there is some kind of an issue.

• 6. Re: Cannot Install
                    Ereadable

I've just dealt with a customer with exactly the same problem - Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard on an iMac which is running in 64-bit mode by default, installing under 32-bit mode works but means that the customer has to reboot in order to read ebooks as they use a number of 64-bit applications. Having a better error message would be a start (ie state that the installer doesn't support 64-bit rather than saying that it requires an Intel processor when the machine does have an Intel processor!), but is there any news on a possible update to support 64-bit installation?