5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2009 7:36 PM by ~graffiti

How do I re-order pages or rotate and save?

Randy - Good Friend

My wife and I get faxes electronically and sometimes the person on the other end puts them in the fax machine upside down, so all the pages need to be rotated 360 degrees.  Also, we want to remove the cover page before we save the PDF document and it'd be nice to re-order a few pages that the sender got in the wrong order.

When we got our first fax, we installed Adobe Reader 7.0 (now 9.1), and although it has a rotate capability, we can't seem to figure out how to save it correctly so it's rotated correctly the next time we view it.  We also can't seem to figure out how to remove a page or re-order pages.

How do you do this with the reader?  Seems like a common thing to need.

Since Adobe doesn't appear to have anyone to talk with in sales (tried to call, but after over an hour on hold, we gave up) to find out how to do this, or if there an add-on, or if there another product from Adobe that does this, or if Adobe is even the best product to solve our issue (the faxes can be in Image format or PDF, so maybe Image is a better solution?) can anyone on this forum help?

We can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars, but if there is an add-on for $29.99 or something, we could probably swing that to solve this problem.

If Adobe doesn't make a product that can rotate and save, re-order a few pages occasionally, or remove a page, is there another company that makes such a product that is affordable?

Thanks for any/all input,

Randy

• 1. Re: How do I re-order pages or rotate and save?
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Reader won't do what you want. When you rotate the pages, you are only rotating the temporary view which ois good for that session alone (since you can't save changes with Reader).

You "could" purchase Acrobat but yes, it is rather spendy. If you Google "Free PDF Editor" you may come up with some options.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How do I re-order pages or rotate and save?
            Randy - Good Friend Level 1

I called the 800 number for sales support, been on hold for about 2.5 hours trying to get this info.  I think the music is driving me nuts.

Sure wish Adobe had sales people that could answer these types of questions and point me to the function or product that would solve our issue.

Randy

• 3. Re: How do I re-order pages or rotate and save?

Thank you for your reply.  Darn, I was hoping it was in there someplace... especially being able to re-order pages, remove a cover page, simple stuff like that.  While I've been on hold for 2.5+ hours for support from Adobe, I searched through their products, etc... it appears Acrobat would do what we want, but it's aweful expensive for what we need, to simply rotate, remove a cover page, and re-order a few pages.  Acrobat appears to be a product for making all sorts of PDF files, converting, and colaboration, none of which we need.

Does anyone know if the price of $299 is per PC?  (If so, then it's way out of our reach)  My wife and I each have a home PC and each have a laptop, we are a very small company.  If I was to splurge the big money and buy acrobat, I'd want to install it on our 4 PC's, not just one.

Thanks for any info... doesn't appear Adobe has Sales people or dept... so I don't know where else to get this info... now it's been almost 3 hours on hold, wonder if this is really a support number or just a music channel!  Haha!

Thanks again for your help... I'm going to search and see if there is a cheaper verson of a PDF product that will do the simple stuff we need without paying for all the stuff we don't need.

Randy (Who's ear is about to fall off listening to Adobe music channel called support)  ;-)

• 4. Re: How do I re-order pages or rotate and save?

Does anyone have any expereince wiht PDFill PDF Tools?  Looks like it may do the trick.

Randy

• 5. Re: How do I re-order pages or rotate and save?
                  ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Sorry. No experience with PDFill. I'd Google for reviews then give it a shot if all looks well there.

As far as how many Acrobat installs you can have per version, the answer is two. One on a workstation and one on a portable BUT, it can only be used by one person and not at the same time on both machines.

So, what it boils down to is the licensing is for one person use only.