6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2009 12:48 PM by NETEROO

Blod Brush Tool Pressure Option is Dissabled, why?

NETEROO

Hey, when I try to apply the pressure option for the blod brush tool it appears as dissbaled, watermarked; as well as the further options. I can only use the fixed and random option for each size, angle, and roundness. Can anyone help me through, please? Thanks!! Mexico

• 1. Re: Blod Brush Tool Pressure Option is Dissabled, why?
          [scott] Level 6

You must have a pressure sensitive tablet to use those option. Something like a WACOM Intuos or Bamboo.

• 2. Re: Blod Brush Tool Pressure Option is Dissabled, why?
            NETEROO Level 1

Don't think so, my friend. That's add hardware that's nothing to do with the Illustrator brush tool features within the software. I mean, imagine if for each tool option u'd got to buy extra software or hardware for it to work, not possible. Thanks anyway for the efforts, i appreciate them. Good time!!

• 3. Re: Blod Brush Tool Pressure Option is Dissabled, why?
              Larry G. Schneider Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Like it or not, Scott gave you the correct answer. Pressure is a function of something that can measure how hard you are pressing on it. The mouse doesn't.

• 4. Re: Blod Brush Tool Pressure Option is Dissabled, why?
                [scott] Level 6

NETEROO wrote:

Don't think so, my friend. That's add hardware that's nothing to do with the Illustrator brush tool features within the software. I mean, imagine if for each tool option u'd got to buy extra software or hardware for it to work, not possible. Thanks anyway for the efforts, i appreciate them. Good time!!

Good luck then.

My answer was correct.

• 5. Re: Blod Brush Tool Pressure Option is Dissabled, why?
                  Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

Scot's answer is correct and actually I would appreciate it if you marked it as such as it is often a mistake a new user makes it would be nice if other new users could find this thread and Scott's answer by having it marked answrd.

Now what is not apparent is that Adobe went out of its way to give support for hardware they do not manufacture because many of their user use the tablet. However since they do not make the product you have to buy it from the manufacturer.

Adobe also offers as an option twain acquire plug ins but Adobe does not manufactures scanners so you have to buy the scanner and if Adobe did make scanners you would still have to buy the scanner as the people that work to design and build the scanners have to get paid.

The same thing goes for Camera raw which gives you a way to edit photographs as does Photoshop but without the camera nd image files it is pretty useless for editing images.

The same goes for Premiere without the footage, for which you need a camcorder to capture, there is not much you can do with non existing footage.

So you have to buy a camera…

and it goes on and on and on.

BTW get yourself a tablet and life will much easier then what you can do with a mouse.

• 6. Re: Blod Brush Tool Pressure Option is Dissabled, why?
                    NETEROO Level 1

Wade, Sott & Larry,

Sorry, I hadn't been around...thanks for the messages. I actually read all about plug-ins and stuff & I want to apologize myself to all of You. It's been hard for me to get all the features for Adobe Master Crative Suite because of the language matter. And harder 'coz this is my first time using the adobe software. I bought it because i wanted to try it, so i'm kind of learning it...thank you o much for the help...I appreciate it so much. I already bought the XL INTUOS4 and the INTOUS4 Airbrush so i can perform what u tell. I shall have trust your expertise in the first place. I hadn't realized how expensive the quality design industry is. Well, i think this is it... I'll keep in touch for more support cause i'll be needing it for sure, won't I? By the way, have anyone of you tried the Cintiq? Have a great painting time!! Correct answer marked!!