1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 16, 2009 6:05 AM by SForrest96

Digital Signature is invalid after clearing and resigning

S V Satish Kumar

Hi,

Scenario:

I have a form which will be signed by two persons say User 1and User 2.

User 1 fills the form, Signs the form and send that to User 2.Few fields in the form are locked once the User 1 signs the form.

User 2 can approve or send the form back to User 1 for changes by signing the form.

When the User 1 receives the form from User 2, the fields are locked and inorder to Change the data the User 1 needs to clear and resign the form again.

Issue:

The User 1 signature is not valid after clearing and resigning when i tried to validate the signatures.But User 2 signature is valid.

Please suggest me a solution for this.

Regards,

S.V.Satish Kumar

• 1. Re: Digital Signature is invalid after clearing and resigning
          SForrest96 Level 4

I posted a reply to your other post before seeing this one.  It sounds like a form design problem.  By default, when you add a signature field, it is configured to "Lock Fields After Signing", this will lock all the fields on the form.  When using multiple signatures on a form, you need to create field collections that contain specific fields that will be associated with a particular signature field.  This way when a user signs, it doesn't affect fields that are not associated with another signature.

I have attached a simple sample.

Regards

Steve