0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2009 8:47 AM by PrinceKheldar

Transitions and labels

PrinceKheldar Level 1

Hi everybody!

I have this small test program where I have two states, one with 2 labels and one (base state) without.

I also have an image that makes the change from state "base" to state "withLabels".

Good news, this simple code works just fine.

Since I'm such a megalomaniac, I decided I wanted more Adobe goodness: I would add TRANSITIONS!

Bad news, this doesn't work. Or, shoud I say... it works just fine, but not as I intended.

What I thought would happen: the "transitionned sequence" would start, label1 would wipeLeft, then label2 would wipeLeft. Fine.

That's exactly what happens! Can I has a cookie?

But there is a catch: label2 displays while label1 does its wipeLeft. No cookie for me then.

Now, is there some property to set such as "startTransitionHidden"? I can't believe I either have to:

- set up one state per element I wish to sequence (THAT seems stupid)

or

- play with addChild/removeChild (which seems to beat the purpose of using states to me).

Can someone with his considerable knowledge and magnanimous greatness (am I overdoing it here?) help me solve this question:

how can I make my transition display fine?

(For the record, the effect I had in mind when I started out, by the way, is the "Mission:Impossible" or James Bond movies effect where some action takes place and labels come typewriting over it, one at a time, as in : "Murmansk, Russia"--> label1, then "Present day, present time"-->label2)