4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2009 10:50 AM by dghulsizer

Montage Themes?

dghulsizer

I am concidering purchasing Premiere Elements and am wondering if they have any montage themes?  I worked with Pinnacle 12 and they had some cool stuff, such as a photo album montage theme, that I could insert pictures into then include it in my movie.  I don't think it was like the Instant Movie feature...or am I wrong?

Any input would be much appreciated!

• 1. Re: Montage Themes?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The program comes with a couple dozen themes that create InstantMovies from photos or video clips you've gathered. You can also download a few more if you have a Photoshop.com Plus account.

They're all essentially montages.

Why don't you download the free trial and see if they're what you're looking for?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Montage Themes?
            dghulsizer Level 1

Thanks for your response.  I have downloaded the free trial and it only has one of the instant movie themes and it is a little different than the montages in Studio 12.  The one that I was playing with in Studio 12 was a photo album theme, it had 4 different choices with turning pages, an album opening up, and an album closing.

Can you tell me what other instant movies are available in Elements?  Also, can I pick and choose what parts of the instant movie I want to keep and cut out other parts?

Thanks again for any help!

• 3. Re: Montage Themes?
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The movie themes are:

Birthday Party

European Travel

Outdoor Wedding

Road Trip

Pan and Zoom Slideshow

Wedding Doves

Broadway

Comic Book

Extreme Sports

Fairy Tale

Family Memories

Fun

Grid

Kid's Channel

Memory Box

Music Video

Newsreel

Performance Star

Secret Agent

Watercolor

Yearbook

Yes, you can pick and choose which effects and/or music is applied, as you'll see as you work with the theme included with the trial.

But I don't know enough about Pinnacle Studio to say if themes work the same as its montages.

• 4. Re: Montage Themes?
                dghulsizer Level 1

Thanks for all your help!