1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 24, 2008 4:00 PM by Newsgroup_User

How to automatically upload articles to my website?

Deionara
      Hi,

Newbie Dreamweaver user here. I created a website in Dreamweaver by using a template and now I want to start adding content to it. So far, I designed each page individually in Dreamweaver, but this is going to be very difficult when I'm starting to add articles.

Right now the only solution I have is to create a new page in Dreamweaver for each article I want to submit... but I'm guessing that there's an easier way to do this? Like create a macro/rule so that the articles are automatically uploaded to my website, without me having to do this inside Dreamweaver.

Any suggestions?

Cheers!
        • 1. Re: How to automatically upload articles to my website?
          Level 7

"Deionara" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g6b0pd$fgv$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi,
          >
          > Newbie Dreamweaver user here. I created a website in Dreamweaver by using
          > a
          > template and now I want to start adding content to it. So far, I designed
          > each
          > page individually in Dreamweaver, but this is going to be very difficult
          > when
          > I'm starting to add articles.
          >
          > Right now the only solution I have is to create a new page in Dreamweaver
          > for
          > each article I want to submit... but I'm guessing that there's an easier
          > way to
          > do this? Like create a macro/rule so that the articles are automatically
          > uploaded to my website, without me having to do this inside Dreamweaver.
          >
          > Any suggestions?

A common method would be to put the article texts into a database, and then
          use server-side coding (PHP, ASP, etc.) to display them on individual pages,
          using the same page "template" for all of the articles.

--
          Patty Ayers | www.WebDevBiz.com
          Free Articles on the Business of Web Development
          Web Design Contract, Estimate Request Form, Estimate Worksheet
          --