3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2009 12:26 PM by Captiv8r

Create a unique background?

SSchwa

Hi there,

I'm working with RoboHelp HTML 8 and I'm trying to create a unique background for the first page that opens in my help file. I was hoping to include a watermark of our company logo. But I don't want this logo to display for the rest of the pages of the help file. After looking through Adobe' help, it looks like you can maybe do this by creating master pages. The steps seems kind of confusing or maybe I'm just misunderstanding the purpose of master pages. Either way, is someone aware of how to create a unique background that can be linked to one topic only?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Create a unique background?
          Willam van Weelden Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi,

A masterpage is a template. You add a style sheet, certain standard text, a header and a footer. You control the headers and footers for all pages related to the masterpage from that masterpage. A new page based on the masterpage also uses the same style sheet as the masterpage and has the standard text.

Since you want it unique, creating a masterpage for this seems a little overdone. The easiest way to do this, is to add a background in your first topics. Say you want your company's watermark to appear at the bottom right of the first topic. In the head section of the topic, add the following code:

<style>

body {background: url("mybackground.jpg") no-repeat right bottom; }

</style>

See this W3C Schools page for more information on background.

Greet,

Willam

• 2. Re: Create a unique background?
            SSchwa Level 1

This worked... thank you very much!                                                                          

• 3. Re: Create a unique background?
              Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi all

Just to expound on Willam's comments a tad.

W. van Weelden wrote:

A masterpage is a template. You add a style sheet, certain standard text, a header and a footer. You control the headers and footers for all pages related to the masterpage from that masterpage. A new page based on the masterpage also uses the same style sheet as the masterpage and has the standard text.

With RoboHelp 8 (this version introduces Master Pages that replace Topic Templates) you also have other capabilities that you may not realize. You are also able to insert PlaceHolders. Mini-TOC and Breadcrumbs. The placeholders don't necessarily have to be restricted to the Body, Header or Footer.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks