3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2009 7:16 AM by Dan Bracuk

how do u bind many cfinput texts to 1 cfselect bind?

richardELeach Level 1

Greetings-

I have been enjoying linking multiple cfselects together via binding and now need to do the following:

~ Give the user a query populated cfselect, let them make a selection

~ Populate a second cfselect (no problem with that, I just bind to a cfc and pass it the value from the first cfselect) but the problem is I also need to  populate numerous cfinput type="text" fields, hopefully from the same binding call. I read into the docs and I'm clearly still missing something.

I've been using a typical 2d array with the query results id and value respectively to return to the binding call.... does anyone know if I can simply add additional elements to the array (currently I'm only at arrayvalue[1] and arrayvalue[2]; i could (and would like to) simply build out my binding's query to include all of the data I need for the remaining cfinputs like so:  arrayvalue[3], arrayvalue[4], arrayvalue[5].

Am I over thinking this and making it more difficult than it needs to be?

The final result I'm looking for will give the user details about a specific product (via the cfinput type=text) after they select the original cfselect and then they can drill down to specific products using the second cfselect.

original cfselect (currently working)

second cfselect, populated via a binding call passing it the selected value from the original cfselect (currently working)

number one cfinput type="text".... populated with a value from the binding call from the second cfselect (currently not working)

number two cfinput type="text".... populated with a different value from the binding call from the second cfselect  (currently not working)

number three cfinput type="text".... populated with yet a different value from the binding call from the second cfselect  (currently not working)

Thanks in advance,

Rich