2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2009 12:48 PM by Aaron - DCMC Productions

'Video Filter Missing' Exporting AE CS4 project into Premiere Pro CS4 project

Aaron - DCMC Productions Level 1

Hey guys,

I am new to Premiere and AE, and I just made a short little intro for my current project in After Effects using a couple different effects and such. When I go to export my AE project and make it into a Premiere Project file it will not let me open the project properly, it says:

D:\Premiere Projects\AFC Title2.prproj

Video Filter missing:  AE.ADBE Exposure2

Video Filter missing:  AE.ADBE Glo2

Video Filter missing:  AE.CC Particle World

How do I fix this? Can I get the video filters for Premiere so that it recognizes them?

Thanks,
      Andrew

• 1. Re: 'Video Filter Missing' Exporting AE CS4 project into Premiere Pro CS4 project
          Colin Brougham Level 6

Are you planning on editing the material you're moving from AE to PPro? Not that you can't, but that's sort of a backwards workflow (ie. usually you edit in PPro, and then move the sequence to AE for effects, etc.). Or are you just trying to export from PPro?

Do you have the Production Premium bundle? If so, you could use Dynamic Link to put your AE comp into a PPro timeline, without having to worry about missing filters. You could also render from AE, and then import the rendered movie into PPro.

Finally, you can make (most of) the Cycore effects work in Premiere; this includes Particle World. Simply copy the AEX plugins from the After Effects program folder, into the Premiere Pro program folder (you'll have to dig into a couple of subfolders to find the effects). You'll then have access to most of them in Premiere Pro, though they don't all work the same in the PPro interface. The other two are, I believe, AE-only plugins, and are locked to that program--they won't work in PPro, no matter what.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: 'Video Filter Missing' Exporting AE CS4 project into Premiere Pro CS4 project
            Aaron - DCMC Productions Level 1

Yea, the dynamic link worked, should've been able to figure that one out on my own.

Thanks alot!