6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2009 8:58 PM by gopal73thakkar

Font issues in Director 11.5?

JeffDJ

I am trying to use Director 11.5 trial mode.

I opened my Director MX 2004 file, containing text members using embedded fonts.

What shows up in the beginning says that some fonts were not found and replaced by default font. When I looked at the cast library, all embedded fonts were there. But what is weird, these embedded fonts did not work in text member editors - you cannot format your text into these fonts. Something that was always working in earlier versions.

Only if I reimport these fonts, that I can use them in text members.

Anyone has similar issue as me? This seems a big broken problem, and to invest money in the expensive upgrade only to add bugs makes me feel very negative about Director 11.5

Jeff

• 1. Re: Font issues in Director 11.5?
          Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

Didn't you just post the same question to directorforum?

You're going to get the same answer here, but I'll expand on keymap's a little: the reason your embedded fonts don't work when upgrading files from D10 to D11/11.5 is because of the addition of unicode support. There was a file-format change from 10 to 11 to facilitate all the changes that unicode support requires. Suddenly text members are capable of displaying many more characters than they could previously. This requires choosing a character set (or sets) when embedding a font - if you look at the font embedding dialog in D10 and compare it with that in D11.5 you'll see what I mean. So - fonts inserted with D10 don't contain this information and so don't work as expected.

• 2. Re: Font issues in Director 11.5?
            gopal73thakkar Level 1

I also face this problem and i remove all my embeded font cast member and i embed with all character sets but when i make projector(exe) and play it to my system it will work fine, but  some other system where font is not installed it is not showing properly or same i make exe from other system it will work only that system.

NOTE:- When i play director 10 exe with embeded font all embeded font are show in windows font directory like installed font, but director 11.5 don't.

what is the issue?

Thanks

• 3. Re: Font issues in Director 11.5?

Simply embedding fonts isn't enough - you have to make sure your #text / #field members are set to use the embedded version and not the installed system version of the font/s.

• 4. Re: Font issues in Director 11.5?
                gopal73thakkar Level 1

Sean_Wilson wrote:

Simply embedding fonts isn't enough - you have to make sure your #text / #field members are set to use the embedded version and not the installed system version of the font/s.

hi sean,

I don't know how to set #text / #field member are use the embeded virsion.

thanks

• 5. Re: Font issues in Director 11.5?

Did you read the documentation on using embedded fonts - start there and ask questions if you still don't understand.

In general, when you import a font is is given a name (that you can override) - usually the font's original name with an asterisk after it. You then need to make sure the font referenced by text members is the same name as the imported/embedded one

• 6. Re: Font issues in Director 11.5?
                    gopal73thakkar Level 1

thanks sean,

it'll work fine thanks a lot.