1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 18, 2009 12:51 PM by Joe S.

My first OLAP data grid ... what am I doing wrong?

Joe S.

Ok,

So I took the sample from the Adobe Getting Started center and I was able to run it fine (the data was created from within the file) and now I'm trying to bring in my datasource into a container in this new file but I'm getting the following error ... (the file worked fine when I was using an advanced data grid so the datasource is not the issue)

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
          at views.dashboard::FunctionDetailsOLAP/getQuery()[C:\Documents and Settings\jsandova\My Documents\Flex Builder 3\GapDashboardDesktop\src\views\dashboard\FunctionDetailsOLAP.mxml:35]
          at views.dashboard::FunctionDetailsOLAP/runQuery()[C:\Documents and Settings\jsandova\My Documents\Flex Builder 3\GapDashboardDesktop\src\views\dashboard\FunctionDetailsOLAP.mxml:49]
          at views.dashboard::FunctionDetailsOLAP/__myMXMLCube_complete()[C:\Documents and Settings\jsandova\My Documents\Flex Builder 3\GapDashboardDesktop\src\views\dashboard\FunctionDetailsOLAP.mxml:93]
          at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
          at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
          at mx.olap::OLAPCube/dispatchEvent()[C:\work\flex\dmv_automation\projects\datavisualisation\ src\mx\olap\OLAPCube.as:687]
          at mx.olap::OLAPCube/buildCube()[C:\work\flex\dmv_automation\projects\datavisualisation\src\ mx\olap\OLAPCube.as:607]
          at flash.utils::Timer/_timerDispatch()
          at flash.utils::Timer/tick()

I'm attaching my file ...

Joe