2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2009 1:24 PM by Lehm2000

CS3: Rendering half res?

Lehm2000

I just started using Premiere Pro CS3, and have run into a strange issue.  I was attempting to output my video throught the adobe media encoder.  No matter what I try the output is aweful.  Different file types and different codecs, all have the same issue so it looks like a rendering issue.  But basically my video is standard dv 720x480...but it looks like it was rendered at 360x240 and then blown back up.  In the preview window it looks fine...just the output is bad. Is there some setting I missed that would cause this?

Jefff

• 1. Re: CS3: Rendering half res?
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Jeff,

Can you explain in detail all your settings used to export. This:

No matter what I try the output is aweful.  Different file types and different codecs, all have the same issue so it looks like a rendering issue.

is rather vague.

• 2. Re: CS3: Rendering half res?
            Lehm2000 Level 1

Sorry about the vague description, I was half asleep when I wrote that.  However I did stumble upon the solution.  I noticed that the de-interlace option was checked.  On a whim I unchecked it, and presto no more problems.  I'd figured that since my footage is progressive it would know not to do a de-interlace.  Apparently not.  So problem fixed.

Jefff