2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2010 1:01 AM by colinj09

Operation Failed when sending attachment from adobe reader - Outlook 2003

colinj09

Hi All,

I have a long standing, intermitant problem from one of our users. When they open a pdf in reader & ask it to send as attachment', it brings up the new email & allows them to type a messge, however when they click send, it either just crashes ( & needs an end task)  or comes up with a 'Operation Failed' error and then it crashes.

I have tried;

Putting an exclusion in the AV for pdf files.

Turning off the email scanner plug in

Turning off av all together

Reinstalling adobe reader 8 & 9 and then going back to 8 (we dont really want 9 yet)

New profile (both outlook & windows)

Getting the user to save a copy to the desktop rather than working from a temp folder (the pdf is opened from a custom db app).

Repair install on office - followed by Complete remove/ reinstall

Tried this from run  'regsvr32.exe INETCOMM.DLL' (not entirely sure what it does, but found it somewhere when trwling google)

I am trying to get the user to try sending the attachment whilst it isnt open in reader, but that is incovenient for them, as sometime they need to do quite a few at a time & need to know which doc is going to which recipient.

As this problem is intermittant, it may be that other users also have the same problem, but dont report it/ put up with it. I could rebuild the users PC, but it is a fairly new build & is used widely in our office without problem.

Hope that reasonably clear, heres a bit of background detail;

Windows XP sp3

Outlook 2003

PDF files range from 100kbs to a couple of meg (no pattern here, just as many crashes for small as large)

Exchange Email account

Mcafee Enterprise 8.7

HP core 2 duo/ 512mb ram

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Colin