5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2009 8:48 AM by glaustin

Exporting Finished Project

glaustin Level 1

Hi Guys

I've been using the trial version of the Master Collection to edit a wedding project, which I have found very powerful.

I had wanted to export an AVI to look at in its entirity in WMP, but I guess that's not allowed in the trial version (or have I missed a step or something?) When I go to export, my option are just "Media" (only the clip in the source window), "Adobe Clip notes" or "Export to EDL"(whatever that is?) The only other options (greyed out) are "export to tape" and "Title". Obviously I cannot export to Encore as that is disabled in the trial. I assume the full version contains some form of export movie option?

We had budgeted on buying the full version, so no real problems; it's just Adobe said the Trial had full capability except Encore (and we wanted to buy at the end of the month, when the trial expires rather than get the plastic melting away today - c'est la vie.)

Also I noticed in the export settings that no Mpeg 2 or 4 option exists. Does that mean I need an additional plug-in or are they in the full version?

Regards,

Graham

• 1. Re: Exporting Finished Project
          Harm Millaard Level 7

As stated explicitly on the Adobe site, the trial does not support anything MPEG related. That is fully supported in the full version.

• 2. Re: Exporting Finished Project
            Colin Brougham Level 6

I had wanted to export an AVI to look at in its entirity in WMP, but I guess that's not allowed in the trial version (or have I missed a step or something?) When I go to export, my option are just "Media" (only the clip in the source window), "Adobe Clip notes" or "Export to EDL"(whatever that is?)

I've not run the trial--always had full versions installed--but I believe you're able to export to the more common container formats, like AVI or MOV. You should be able to export your edited timeline to an AVI by either 1) making the Timeline panel active (yellow outline), or 2) by selecting your sequence in the bin. Once you've done either of those, select File > Export > Media; this will open a window in which you select your export format and parameters. It will depend on what format you shot with originally, but if you used DV, for example, you'd select Microsoft AVI as the format and DV as the compressor/codec. Make sure your Work Area Bar is set the full duration of your sequence, or however much you want to export.

Again, I'm pretty sure the trial lets you export some formats, so someone else will have to confirm that...

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Exporting Finished Project
              glaustin Level 1

Thanks Harm & apologies, I honestly didn't pick up on the Mpeg bit.

Thanks as well, Colin. I just followed your advice and see where I went wrong and I've managed to output AVI files but I have a bizare problem.

I'm in PAL land in Europe. I output two scenes from the same project. Bizarely I can play the files in WMP only in NSTC AVI format. If I set to PAL the movies generate a WMP error message, saying "WMP has encountered a problem while playing the file"!

My settings are:

Format: AVI

Preset: PAL DV

Video - 720x576, 25fps, lower, quality 100.

Audio - 48000Hz,stereo, 16bit.

Codec is PAL DV,

The field type is "lower first".

Aspect is D1/DV PAL (1.0940)

I captured to PAL DV as well. Can anyone let me know what I've set wrong that's affecting output to PAL (should I open a new thread?)

Regards,

Graham

• 4. Re: Exporting Finished Project
                Colin Brougham Level 6

Your settings look correct, though I'm in NTSC-ville. Will the file import back into Premiere Pro and play properly? If so, your export is OK. I'm wondering if there is some sort of localization issue with your OS; are you running a US version of Windows or something like that? Could be there is some sort of "lockdown" on playing PAL DV in an NTSC-branded WMP, for lack of a better term. Just a guesstimation...

EDIT: Nope, PAL plays fine in WMP here. Exported a quick B&T clip to PAL DV, and it played back without problem. So, see if you can import the clip back into Premiere, and let us know if that does or doesn't work.

• 5. Re: Exporting Finished Project
                  glaustin Level 1

Thanks Colin

Yes, it's a WMP issue, not a Pr settings problem. I suddenly thought laterally and opened it in Quicktime. I've also transfered it and played it WMP on my laptop. This PC was only built a few weeks ago, so I'll check with the technician to see if he may have downloaded a US version.

Regards,

Graham