6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2009 5:54 PM by the_wine_snob

Any better text presets available for Premiere Elements

chibibabble

Hi all,

I tried doing a google search and a forum search and came up empty. The presets that come with elements are nice, but really basic when compared to the competition (corel for example). I was wondering if there are more presets available from adobe, fellow forum members, or freeware websites. Any one else have any suggestions?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Any better text presets available for Premiere Elements
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It depends on what you mean by presets.

Are you talking about text animations?

In addition to the text animations in version 7 and animated title templates, there are over 100 effects presets, dozens of effects and virtually no limit to what you can do manually using keyframing.

What is it you can't do that you'd like to do? I'm sure we can tell you how!

• 2. Re: Any better text presets available for Premiere Elements
            chibibabble Level 1

Thanks for the reply!

I'd like the letters to "explode" away. As in each letter individually flies into the screen as if there was an explosion behind it.

I'd also like the letters to roll in on screen then roll out.

It would be super nice if there was a true way to edit the text. Heck there might even be and I'm just missing it.

It would be nice if there was a section on adobe's website that offered downloadable text animation presets, audio, and video effects. I see a lot for photoshop elements but none for premiere elements (unless I happen to be looking in the wrong place).

• 3. Re: Any better text presets available for Premiere Elements

These animations are not available in Premiere Elements -- and probably would be pretty challenging to create. (They're much easier in After Effects, but that's a pretty expensive and high end program.)

If you've got software that does these animations, you can output the sequences from that program as DV-AVIs and seamlessly import those sequences into your Premiere Elements project. (There's certainly no crime in using more than one program to create your movie!)

• 4. Re: Any better text presets available for Premiere Elements
                chibibabble Level 1

Wow that is a real shame to read. Especially with a big named company like Adobe. Its strange that Corel's consumer video editing software would offer more options at a lower cost. I'm not expecting the ability to go completely in depth with a titler program, however Adobe should offer routine add-ons for existing customers. I know Corel does.  Is there a consumer priced titler program out there (maybe even an open source one)? I'd like some better options than the extremely limited pallet adobe offers.

By the way, thanks for the reply and attempting to help in any way

• 5. Re: Any better text presets available for Premiere Elements

Well, as I've said, there's no law that says one tool has to do it all -- particularly when you're talking about software that sells for under $100.

If I were you, I'd use the software that best meets my needs.

• 6. Re: Any better text presets available for Premiere Elements
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Two great titler plug-ins, that will work in PrE are: BluffTitler and ProDAD's Heroglyph. I have used each, though I also have AfterEffects. They offer tons of built-in Presets, plus will work wonderfully in "manual mode."

Also, do not overlook Keyframing of Titles in PrE. You can do a lot more, than are supplied with Presets. The animations are virtually limitless, but do take a bit of "hand work." I seldom use any Tilte Presets, as I want 100% control, and find that most Presets fall quite short of what I envision.

Good luck,

Hunt