4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2009 4:17 PM by videosapien

Need help with exporting

videosapien

I finished editing a project in Premier Pro CS4.  When I try to export, everything stops...Nothing happens.  I can click on anything or shut it down.  It just sits there.  Am I missing something here?  If anyone has information please help me out.

• 1. Re: Need help with exporting
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Since none of us belong to the Mind Readers guild, look here: Some suggestions

• 2. Re: Need help with exporting
            videosapien Level 1

Okay, let me try to be more specific...didn't realize my question was vague.  I originally exported a rough cut of the video I've been editing.  Everything went fine. I exported it and and used Adobe Media Encoder to make it into a Flash Video.  I allowed the client to review via the web.

Now I have the final cut that is ready to review.  I'm attempting to export the final cut to flash video file to show to the client.  I selected the timeline (highlighted in yellow), clicked File/Export/Media.  The Premiere interface grayed out slightly.  Then, nothing happens. At this point the software will not allow me to click on anything.  I can't even close the project at this point.  Nothing works. It just sits there.   I have to force close (control/alt/delete) to shut it down.

I assume that there should be a way for me to select some kind of settings and then Adobe Media Encoder opens. But, I can't get that far.  Once I select Export/Media, nothing happens.  I'm not sure how to explain it any differently.  Hopefully this explanation is sufficient. If you can help it will be appreciated.

• 3. Re: Need help with exporting
              Harm Millaard Level 7

The yellow bar means that your source material and your sequence settings do not match.  First correct that. Then have a second look at the link I gave you and respond to the 16 questions posed in the WIKI link.

• 4. Re: Need help with exporting
                videosapien Level 1

Thanks for your help.  This is only my second project that I've edited with Premier.  And, I'm a novice at the forum activity as well.  I surely do not want to infringe upon your time but, I have one more question. How do I make the source and the sequence files match up?  I have no idea where to begin or how to determine what files are which.  I will go out on the Wiki and do what you ask.