• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

topics won't display from app

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2008 Jul 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I built and compiled a help project (.CHM file). It works great on my machine - when I copy the .CHM file to the /bin directory of the application, all the help buttons work fine, topics display from the table of contents or index, etc.
I sent the .CHM file to the app developer, and he put it in his /bin directory. Clicking on the main Help menu item brings up the help system, but individual topics will not display from the TOC. He gets an error message such as the following:

res://ieframe.dll/syntax.htm#mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\company_name\Application_Name\bin\help.chm::/specific-topic.htm

Why does everything work on my end, and not on his? I'm using a copy of the very same beta version of the app as he has...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 28, 2008 Jul 28, 2008
Welcome to our community, tw45

If you simply emailed the file to the developer, odds are Microsoft Security is blocking the file. You need to instruct the developer to unblock the file. I've got the process outlined at the link below.

Click here to view the steps involved

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2008 Jul 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, tw45

If you simply emailed the file to the developer, odds are Microsoft Security is blocking the file. You need to instruct the developer to unblock the file. I've got the process outlined at the link below.

Click here to view the steps involved

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2008 Jul 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Just as an added fyi to anyone else dealing with this:

a) I sent the CHM file in a zip file with a bunch of other source files - so zipping doesn't "protect" you from this blocking problem (I thought it might)
b) the developer reported that he couldn't unblock the CHM file in the /bin directory, although it APPEARED to unblock. He had to move the file to the desktop, unblock it there, then move it back to the /bin directory.

Thanks, Rick, for helping out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp