• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using a .gif in a script

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2009 Sep 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH8. I have a script created in the footer of my project that calls out a .gif file. This .gif file is then displayed on all my topics. My problem is that the .gif file that is inserted into the project does not get built when I create a WebHelp build. In the final WebHelp build the .gif file does not appear. I have copied and pasted the .gif into my project and it appears when I use the "View selected Item" button so I know the script works. Why is RoboHelp not including the .gif file when I build WebHelp

Thankyou

kt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 18, 2009 Sep 18, 2009

Hi there

Indeed you will probably need to do that if your script is expecting the image to be in the same folder.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If the only reference to the GIF is via script, RoboHelp likely doesn't know about the image and will not include it in the build.

Fortunately there is an avenue for this. It's called Baggage Files. Locate your Baggage Files area in the Project Manager, right-click and add your .GIF image as a Baggage File and you should be golden.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked!! Thanks. Just one other question. I have multiple folders within the project. Do I need to grab the .gif from each folder and make each into a baggage file. It looks like the topics that are at the root all have the .gif appearing now but the topics that are within the folders in the project don't seem to have the .gif

kt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Indeed you will probably need to do that if your script is expecting the image to be in the same folder.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent!! Thanks for your help and quick responses. I'm certainly impressed with the response time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp