1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 6, 2006 11:55 PM by Peter Grainge

Preserve Word doc formating?

Lonno7 Level 1
      Hi,

I'm using RoboHelp 4.1 and was wondering if there are any updates I could get to help preserve document formating when copying and pasting text from a Word document into RoboHelp. For complex documents, I'll often use the Import function -- are there any drawbacks to this, or should I just go ahead and import everything?

By the way, I'd like to express my great appreciation to those of you who have helped in the past; the expertise of the members of this forum has proved invaluable on several occasions. Thank you.

Lon Richardson
        • 1. Re: Preserve Word doc formating?
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
          There are very few HTML editors that will allow you to cut and paste from Word and retain the formatting so that you could then lift the HTML code. Dreamweaver 8 is one (maybe earlier versions, don't know) and I suspect FrontPage would work being another Microsoft product (watch the code though).

You could save the Word document in HTML format but again watch the code that you lift.

In the absence of anyone else suggesting alternatives, I think you are stuck with those ideas or importing.