6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2009 10:06 AM by NachoVilla243

Error code (39::46)

NachoVilla243

Ok I'm guessing Mylenium might know this one. Started getting an error code that reads After Effects error: This file format has not yet been revised to draw into float worlds ( 39::46 ). Doesn't crash After Effects, just keeps popping up. I looked it up on google, adobe help, even Mylenium's error code page and got a whole bunch of nothing.

Running After Effects CS4 on a Windows XP 64bit PC

• 1. Re: Error code (39::46)
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You are trying to import some 32bit RPF files from MAX, right? I've seen this issue on VideoCopilot recently, but the user didn't follow up, so I was unable to verify. If so, could you provide one of those files and list your render settings in MAX? Doesn't need to be from your project, just some random spheres and cubes rendered with identical settings. This error seems to have been introduced recently. CS4 should be able to open 32bit files from older versions without issues...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Error code (39::46)
            NachoVilla243 Level 1

Actually, no it doesnt have anything to with MAX. The error comes up when I choose a PNG file that is being used as a matte. Here is the file. The PNG was created in and rendered from after effects. The project settings had no working space profile selected, working at 8bpc. It is currently being used in a new project at 32bpc with the only other file type being cineons.

• 3. Re: Error code (39::46)

Ah, I see. That is indeed strange. There is no reason for AE to even throw that message, as PNGs simply can't be 32bpc. I'll investigate a bit. Thanks for clarifying.

Mylenium

• 4. Re: Error code (39::46)
                NachoVilla243 Level 1

Well it may be a fluke. The matte needed some tweaking and I had to render it again. This time it works fine in the comp. I checked my render settings and they are pretty much identical. Not sure what caused it, but it is water under the bridge at this point. I would still like to know what the error is for if you find out though.

• 5. Re: Error code (39::46)

Sorry, didn't have time yet. I'm caught up in a complex 3D-animation project and in teh afternoons/ evenings at home my brain is usually just fried and I can rarely muster up enough energy to do my forum rounds. It seemed to work without any issues on my PC, though. Rest assured, that when I get around to it, I'll give it a spin and investigate a bit deeper.

Mylenium

• 6. Re: Error code (39::46)
                    NachoVilla243 Level 1

No worries. Shot is already on the home stretch. When you got the time if you find out anything that would be great. Thanks for looking into it at all. Ill also check out your error site from time to time to see if it has come up again. Thanks man.