2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2009 6:53 AM by k_zenitani

Is transfered eBook unprintable?

k_zenitani

I've purchased some eBooks and downloaded them onto my desktop PC.

Everything works fine on the desktop PC.

So I activated another installation of ADE on laptop PC and try to transfer those eBooks there.

But, on the laptop, I can only browse and can't print though printing is allowed "on any device".

Precisely to say, document information popup show me a message;"Allow printing: 0 pages".

Does anyone have same issue?

• 1. Re: Is transfered eBook unprintable?
          Sozzled Level 1

Hello,

This is part of the DRM and is 'expected' behaviour.

The reason for this is that if you print a copy of your book or document on your desktop PC, there is no way of telling your laptop computer that you have printed off a copy. If for example the book in question has maximum two copies printed allowed, theoretically then you would be able to print off 2 copies from each of the computers you activate with your Adobe ID, i.e. 4 instead of 2.

As this would breach copyright, the Adobe solution is to restrict printing to the first computer the book was downloaded to only.

Hope this helps!

• 2. Re: Is transfered eBook unprintable?
            k_zenitani Level 1

Thank you for your comment (and sorry for my late reply). I understand the reason and agree with you. Although I've wanted to use a color printer in my office, but I have no choice. It may be simple to buy another copy of the eBook. Thanks a lot anyway.