2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2008 12:44 PM by DrEastman

DREAMWEAVER IS MY NIGHTMARE

JHESS34
      I am having problems connecting to my remote site on Dreamweaver8. My office changed motems recently and I was told by my web hosting site that may have effected my path to the remote site. Called my DSL provider and they say the switch did not cause the problem. I call my host site they tell me to call verizon, I call verizon they tell me to call my host site. I can conect and view all my files on the local view, but my remote view has a folder named "/" that is empty and no other files. Why are my folders not appearing in the remote view? Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what I should be looking for?
        • 1. Re: DREAMWEAVER IS MY NIGHTMARE
          Level 7
          > Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what I should be looking
          > for?

Call your web host (the company hosting your web site) and verify the FTP
          and path information is correct.

-Darrel

• 2. Re: DREAMWEAVER IS MY NIGHTMARE
            DrEastman
            First open a command prompt on your computer and attempt to ping the host server. that's "start/run/cmd" then enter "ping <host server ip addy> <ENTER>
            If you do not get a response, then the problem is external to your computer. Then check to make sure your office is not blocking the host via firewall. (did they just change the dsl modem or did they also install a hardware firewall/software firewall?) If they did install a firewall, then you may have to configure a rule to support communication with your site host.
            If everything seems ok on the office side, then If you have a modem in your computer, connect to an analog phone line and attach to the internet via a dial up account. Try publishing through the analog phone interface. If it works through the analog phone line, then contact Verizon technical support, tell them what you did and turn it over to them.

Regards
            Dr. E.