7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2008 7:22 AM by rcweburg

IE and behaviors

rcweburg
      I'm new to Dreamweaver. I created (on a Mac) a site that has some simple behaviors and a couple of simple time lines. The site looks fine in Safari and Firefox. However, in IE none of the behaviors or time lines work. What am I missing?
        • 1. Re: IE and behaviors
          Ben M Adobe Community Professional
          What version of IE are we talking about?
          Can you post a link to the page so we can see what is going on?
          • 2. Re: IE and behaviors
            rcweburg Level 1
            I tested it in EI 7. My site is not up on the web yet, so I can't post a link.
            • 3. Re: IE and behaviors
              Well we are going to need to see the code or something. It's hard to tell anything with the information provided. What behavior is not working? What is not working? Are you receiving any errors in IE?
              • 4. Re: IE and behaviors
                rcweburg Level 1
                I'm sending you the code from one of the pages. The image (Lot.jpeg) is supposed to fade in when the page loads-it doesn't show up at all. The labels in the navigation bar should swap images when you roll over them, but they don't. I should mention that everything works if you turn on active X when prompted, but I've seen sites with these kind of features that work without active X and I'm afraid my clients will be afraid to turn it on.
                • 5. Re: IE and behaviors
                  Level 7
                  Please don't email stuff. Just post a link to the page so that everyone can
                  participate.

--
                  Murray --- ICQ 71997575
                  Adobe Community Expert
                  (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
                  ==================
                  http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                  http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                  ==================

"rcweburg" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                  news:g6lu39$e7o$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                  > I'm sending you the code from one of the pages. The image (Lot.jpeg) is
                  > supposed to fade in when the page loads-it doesn't show up at all. The
                  > labels
                  > in the navigation bar should swap images when you roll over them, but they
                  > don't. I should mention that everything works if you turn on active X when
                  > prompted, but I've seen sites with these kind of features that work
                  > without
                  > active X and I'm afraid my clients will be afraid to turn it on.
                  >

• 6. Re: IE and behaviors
                    Wait a minute. You are saying that the pages don't work because you get an activeX prompt? If you run scripts locally IE will warn you because it thinks the web page is trying to execute something locally, which it is but it is not necessarily bad. Upload the page to free web space and I can almost guarantee that the security prompt will go away.
                    • 7. Re: IE and behaviors
                      rcweburg Level 1
                      That's great news. I'll try that. Thanks for your help.