3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2009 5:00 PM by Steve Grisetti

Are there updates available for Adobe Premiere Elements 4?

paj692

I'm trying to re-encode a video that is 1920x816 2.35:1 and the last program I used cut off after 104 minutes

and it is 132 minutes. Trying to encode minute 104-132. It's an 8.5 GB HD file and I don't have any HD presets

over 1080 and I can't edit the frame size under create a new profile, Any more HD plugins? Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Are there updates available for Adobe Premiere Elements 4?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Adobe rarely issues updates for its Elements line of products. There are no updates for version 4.

Your video also has unusual dimensions, which may be related to your problems. What type of camcorder did this video come from and how did you get it into your computer?

• 2. Re: Are there updates available for Adobe Premiere Elements 4?
            paj692 Level 1

I can't remember where it came from, but converting it was a technical

challenge. It is either an Apple iPod movie or a Sony PS3 format. It had a

video of AVC format and an audio track of DTS format in a Matroska envelope.

As you said it's a rare bird. I got the first 2 GB converted using Super

2007 and the settings I use may have limited the output size. I was just

converting the video and not the audio. I'm doing it over using an unusual

conversion tool called Alltoavi, which from the artwork in the skin of the

product is primarily used by fans of Japanese anime. I tried upgrading the

AVS convert utility from version 2.7 to version 6, but it said after I

installed it that it is shareware with a cost of $49 and the program still

neither knew what to make of the envelope Mkv or the avc file in it. There

is an incentive program to update Adobe Premiere Elements 7? Would it be

able to handle more formats and sizes of Bluray source files (not encrypted

of course). paj692

• 3. Re: Are there updates available for Adobe Premiere Elements 4?
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It's hard to say, since you don't know the source of the video or if it is a true AVCHD file.

Version 7 can work with true AVCHD but is not able to work with other hi-def MP4 formats, including AVCHD Lite.