3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2009 1:00 PM by Sean_Wilson

How to in between sprites?

onefiftymph Level 1

I'm trying to update some old movies I made in the '90's to fit a large monitor and learning Dir. again. (I haven't used it since Dir. 6-7, I think...and things don't work the same )  I'm on Mac os10.5.6  Dir. 11  30" monitor

1) How to in between sprites?

For example: My sprites are one frame each. I want my 6  controls buttons to start in frame 1 and extend to the end of the movie in frame 20,000. I used to be able to stack the six in six channels in frame 1, copy and paste them into the same six channels in frame 20,000, select the first six and the last six, press Command+shift+B to bring up the Sprite Tweening dialog box and Director filled in all the channels so the buttons appeared in all the frames as I wanted.

Now selecting the first stack and last stack and getting the Sprite Tweening dialog box (with everything checked as I want) does....nothing. Nothing happens.  How do you tween sprites? Obviously with a 20,000 frame movie, it's impractical to hold and drag each of six sprite buttons the length of the movie...

• 1. Re: How to in between sprites?
          Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

You can use the Property Inspector (Window[menu]  -> Property Inspector). Select all 6 sprites and type 20000 in the 'End:' (frame) text-entry field on the Sprite tab opf the PI.

However, there's no earthly reason your movie should be 20000 frames long - it smells of a design flaw.

• 2. Re: How to in between sprites?
            onefiftymph Level 1

Thanks Sean. That does what I need. I'm learning...

But is the method I explained - selecting first and last sprites and bringing up the tween dialog box - no longer supported? How is that dialog box used then? Director Help doesn't help me with this question...

My movies are lengthy cell-type animations that I create frame by frame  so there's little vertical lingo scripting, which I have been able to avoid confusing myself with for years. That's why they are so long.

I have more questions to post. Hopefully you'll continue to help me into a better way of doing things...

• 3. Re: How to in between sprites?
              Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional
              But is the method I explained - selecting first and last sprites and bringing up the tween dialog box - no longer supported? How is that dialog box used then?

I have to admit to never having used it that way. Ever since the introduction of the Sprite Inspector around D7 I have used the field I pointed you at for doing what you requested. The tweening dialog I had understood to be used for easing in/out etc., not for adjusting a sprite's span.