2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2009 11:56 AM by nicknameforme

Increase After Effects System text for high resolution monitor

nicknameforme Level 1

I just purchased a high resolution monitor.  The panels and system text (rendering queue, project panel, etc.) in After Effects is now just about microscopic.

Is there anyway to adjust the default text size on all the panels?

• 1. Re: Increase After Effects System text for high resolution monitor
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

No, unfortunately not. This stuff is part of Adobe's specific UI libraries and cannot be changed. The main application menu should respect your settings though, as should file dialogs and a few text input fields, if that's any consolation. If possible, simply define a user preset in your graphics card settings that switches screeen resolution and system dpi when launching AE or any other Adobe app. Good monitors have good scaling chips, so it should not look all too shabby and you can always go back full res for pixel precision when needed...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Increase After Effects System text for high resolution monitor
            nicknameforme Level 1

Thanks for the reply.  I don't think switching resolutions is very practical

though as I'm often multi-tasking between non-Adobe apps, and scaling to a

non-native resolution on an LCD never really looks all that great.  Adobe

should really think about adjustable interface sizing.  Such a function

seems like it should have already been included.  The web as a whole and web

apps have been considering the varying resolutions and screen sizes of users

for years.