13 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2009 1:41 PM by Braxxis

AE: After updating QuickTime and iTunes in Windows Vsita SP2

ArtAlvar

After updating to the newest Quicktime/iTunes version and re-locating the SQLite3.dll (as per Apple' forum) to the new iTunes directory in order to prevent an error at start-up (with iTunes), I started to experience this problem with AE after running the application. Eventually, it does run well,(apparently) but I am unable to export MOV files no more. Before the update, it was working perfectlly fine.

After Effects CS4: "Invisible OpenGL Buffer Windows: The procedure entry point...etc..etc..could not be located in the dynamic link library SQLite3.dll"

Thanks in advance for all your help and assistance.

• 1. Re: AE: After updating QuickTime and iTunes in Windows Vsita SP2
          yenaphe Level 4

You have to move back the .dll file where it was originally because AE can't find it.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: AE: After updating QuickTime and iTunes in Windows Vsita SP2
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

What exactly is going on with that (I'm to lazy to read the whole Apple forums)? Does it only affect specific ipods/iPhones? I have no issues on my system (Vista Ultimate 64 SP 2) with my 2008 iPod Nano. That aside, I can see the potential danger of blindly removing a critical DLL. What's confusing me is, while Adobe themselves use SQLite all the way (installer, licensing system, parts of XMP etc.), I didn't think they'd resort to a global system DLL for that but rather the specific versions stored in teh Adobe directories.... In any case, putting back the DLL of course would fix the issue. Another thing I can think of is that you might actually need to unregister the DLL via regsrv, then re-register it somehow to re-establish the proper hooks. Still, quite odd.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: AE: After updating QuickTime and iTunes in Windows Vsita SP2
              ArtAlvar Level 1

Hi Sebastian:

I put the DLL back to the original folder and I am still getting the error.

• 4. Re: AE: After updating QuickTime and iTunes in Windows Vsita SP2
                ArtAlvar Level 1

Hi Mylenium:

Just as an additional info, when I stated "Apple Forum" I was referring to a suggestion made and publish there by one of the Apple Support guys.

Thanks for your suggestions. As I stated before, I put the DLL back to the "original" folder, re-started the sytems but I am still getting the AE error regarding a "missing entry on the SQLite3.dll".

After putting back such file to the original folder now I am getting the "same inital error" I got after the update ONLY in iTunes. I have not dare to move anything with my iPod yet. I do not want the whole thing to become worst that already is.

In regards to your nest suggestion  "...Another thing I can think of is that you might actually need to unregister the DLL via regsrv, then re-register it somehow to re-establish the proper hooks. Still, quite odd....."..

I wonder if you cand provide me with the necessary steps to attempt this. I have no experience working/fixing DLL's.

Thanks and regards,

• 5. Re: AE: After updating QuickTime and iTunes in Windows Vsita SP2
                  ArtAlvar Level 1

Mylenium:

I tried to un-register the SQLite3.dll (c:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\ ) this is the ORIGINAL path on the update.

RegSvr32 Error Message:

"The module SQlite3.dll was loaded but the entry-point DLLUnregisterServer was not found.

Make sure "SQLite3.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again".

I am wondering if such DLL is corrupted. I do not have a "single clue" and their is NO WAY to revert to previous QuickTime version without getting in quite a messy situation. Based on the current news posted for so many users at the Apple'site, they can not even uninstalled it and revert to previous version. It is quite frustrating.

Thanks.

• 6. Re: AE: After updating QuickTime and iTunes in Windows Vsita SP2

Mmh, sounds really like Apple messed that up. I see that you have found out yourself about regsrv -u, but if it doesn't work, then something is up. Either the fiel is really damaged (unlikely) or dependent on seconddary DLLs that would have to be disabled as well. As a last resort, you could run Sysinternals' Process Explorer and Process Monitor. That way you could at least get some idea which part of the equation goes wrong, but if Apple are aware of the issue, they surely already know that. So more or less it's probably up to them to clean up their own mess and provide a fix. The only other solution I see, would be to completely re-install your system, but that's certainly not the answer you came here for...

Mylenium

• 7. Re: AE: After updating QuickTime and iTunes in Windows Vsita SP2
                      ArtAlvar Level 1

Thanks Mylenium for your comments and suggestions. I will run Sysinternal' Process Explorer (never heard of it, I found it and it seems to be quite handy) and I will post the results as a general info.

At this point, I will not un-install or touch anything on my systems until their is a FIX. Somehow, I am not dependent on my AE projects so I do not feel the "pressure" otherwise.

As I stated, I am getting the errors posted before and I am unable to IMPORT MOV files, else AE seems (??) to be working fine. As a "temp" solution i could convert the MOV files into any other format and import them to AE.

By the way, and I forgot to mention it before: Nor ENCORE nor Adobe Premiere allows importing MOV files. So the error, goes all across the ADOBE' appliactions and certeinly is quite frustrating,

Thanks,

• 8. Re: AE: After updating QuickTime and iTunes in Windows Vsita SP2
                        ArtAlvar Level 1

Mylenium:

By looking at the PM tool. I do not know if the attatched diagram shows what we are looking for. Honestly I do not know. It is quite "complicated" tool and for a quite serious "troubleshooting" that I have not performed in so many many years.

The diagram shows at the bootom the AE Error and the other two boxes shows PM in action. 'threds" seems to me to be the whole process when AE is invoked and PAUSE because of the error (ntdll.dll) I do not know if I am right but otherwise I do not know what or where else to look for.

Thanks,

• 9. Re: AE: After updating QuickTime and iTunes in Windows Vsita SP2

ntdll is your operating system core. If it is halted, then this points to some I/O error, eithr by not finding the file physically or the DLL loading in the wrong memory area... anyway, today Apple released the 9.1 update for iTunes, maybe that can fix your issues. I'd just downlaod the complete installer, not let the update do it automatically.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
                          • 10. Re: AE: After updating QuickTime and iTunes in Windows Vsita SP2
                            ArtAlvar Level 1

Mylenium:

Thanks again for all your help and assistance.

I will not do anything after downloading the installer without really knowing what are the kind of issues Apple is attempting to fix.

Once I have a better understanding of their intentions and after installing the updates, I will post the results.

Let's hope for the best.

Regards,

• 11. Re: AE: After updating QuickTime and iTunes in Windows Vsita SP2
                              Braxxis

I have the exact same issue as you OP. Only thing is I never moved ANY .dll's, I just simply let the Apple Update Manager install everything that needed updates. I get about 4 errors when I start my comp now, and I get 2 or so every time I initially open an Adobe product after the computer is first turned on.

Note: This ONLY happens to me on my computer running XP SP3, but I get no such errors on Windows 7 RC... go figure right? lol

• 12. Re: AE: After updating QuickTime and iTunes in Windows Vsita SP2
                                ArtAlvar Level 1

Hey:

The whole issue is the latest QuickTime version for Vista (i guess based on your comments). It's being almost 10 days and nobody knows when they are going to fix it. I do not know, but it is quite frustrating. I get only ONE error at Start-up (itune_help.exe...the dll missing)..then only  one error (but it shows several times) while AE is starting-up, its the one previuosly described (Open-GL..etc..etc..), but eventually AE runs well but without being able to IMPORT mov files.

Outside AE or any ADOBE products, if I do open Quicktime and read for example an mp4 file, I get a Windows error stating that the "Export control program stops" but Quicktime is able to read it. The same happens if it is a MOV file.

Another thing it is if for example if I attempt to see any QuickTime file on my browser (Vista SP2,Expoler v8) it will ask me to intsll Quicktime as there were no plugins installed.

From any angle you may want to look into it, it points directlly to Quicktime lates version.

Hopfully we will have a resolution tho these matters soon.

• 13. Re: AE: After updating QuickTime and iTunes in Windows Vsita SP2
                                  Braxxis Level 1

I would almost agree accept for as I said I get the messages on a Windows XP SP3 machine, but NOT on my Windows 7 Machine or my wife's Vista machine. And actually after further testing I only get the Adobe related messages when opening Adobe Illustrator CS3: "The procedure entry point sqlite3_prepare_v2 could not be located in the dynamic link library SQLite3.dll"

And I was wrong it isn't just when I start up the computer it is every time I start AI lol. I get that message 2 times and then it opens without another hiccup.