3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2008 6:33 AM by Newsgroup_User

Page Navigation in Flex

nash99 Level 1
      Hi,

I have a link button , when clicked we should be able to navigate to another page in a different tab.
      I am using mx:ViewStack to navigate in the application.

thanks
        • 1. Re: Page Navigation in Flex
          Level 7

"nash99" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g6leee$s6t$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi,
          >
          > I have a link button , when clicked we should be able to navigate to
          > another page in a different tab.
          > I am using mx:ViewStack to navigate in the application.

Set the dataprovider for the LinkBar to the ViewStack.

HTH;

Amy

• 2. Re: Page Navigation in Flex
            ntsiii Level 3
            Or, do this manually. Have the LinkButton call a clickHandler, and have the LinkButton know the index of its associated View(maybe encode it in the ID?). In the click handler, parse out the id and set the selectedIndex.

I rarely set a link bar's dataProvider to a Viewstack. It is not very flexible, since all of the ViewStack views will then be in the linkbar, making it difficult to remove or disable a button/view under some ccondition. I usually use a specific dataProvider(like arrayCollection) for the LinkBar, and have the index in the item.

Tracy
            • 3. Re: Page Navigation in Flex
              Level 7

"ntsiii" <tspratt@lariatinc.com> wrote in message
              news:g6llp7$691$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Or, do this manually. Have the LinkButton call a clickHandler, and have
              > the
              > LinkButton know the index of its associated View(maybe encode it in the
              > ID?).
              > In the click handler, parse out the id and set the selectedIndex.
              >
              > I rarely set a link bar's dataProvider to a Viewstack. It is not very
              > flexible, since all of the ViewStack views will then be in the linkbar,
              > making
              > it difficult to remove or disable a button/view under some ccondition. I
              > usually use a specific dataProvider(like arrayCollection) for the LinkBar,
              > and
              > have the index in the item.

Wouldn't it work similar to this:
              http://flexdiary.blogspot.com/2008/03/easy-when-you-know-how.html
              ?