2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2006 5:04 PM by Xtort

Can't Connect to LDAP

I can connect to my LDAP database with almost everything else, C#, Perl, and Java, but I can't get the CFML code to work. If anyone has any idea what I'm doing wrong here, please let me know! here is what I am using to connect

I thought I might be putting the start="" in backwards, and I reversed the order, but that didn't help either. The error I get is simply

Error Occurred While Processing Request
      Connection to LDAP Server failed

Thank you very much in advance!

PS> I know that the port is not standard, that is the reason why I used the port="21000"

Attach Code

<cfldap server=""
        • 1. Re: Can't Connect to LDAP
          I have successfully connected to my sunjavaenterprisesystem ldap using
          <cfldap server="" username="cn=Directory Manager" password="secret" action="query" filter="uid=marguedas" attributes="*" name="rs" start="ou=People,o=isp,o=racsa.co.cr">

I note as differences the FILTER , USERNAME and PASSWORD attributes.

perhaps your server needs authentication ?
          • 2. Re: Can't Connect to LDAP
            Xtort Level 1
            Thank you very much for your response. I did not think I was using authentication, since this is just an internal server, but it turned out that SSL was turned on!! I removed it from the LDAP server (it is on a private network that doesn't have connectivity outside) and it all works perfectly now! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I suppose that is what I get for making assumptions. :)