2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2009 3:54 PM by the_wine_snob

How to copy part/all of a project into another project in PE4?

Taxi Mom

Is there a way to copy some or all of the workof one projedt ( clips, transitions and effects) into another project.  I would especially like to use the same rolling credits in all my video's.  I've tried copy/paste and Get Media from a file but I get  "file format not supported" when I try to import a .prel (project)

• 1. Re: How to copy part/all of a project into another project in PE4?
          kovachthomas

Try Exporting your file as a .AVI file first.  This way when you need it again all you have to do is grab it.  I also use this technic when I have really big productions.  I just finished a 5 camera dance recital.  I would edit 2 to 3 dances then save as an .AVI.  Once I have them all completed I built a single file.  This helps with the file size.  Good Luck!

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to copy part/all of a project into another project in PE4?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

There is a also a Clipboard "extender," ClipMate, that will allow one to Copy/Paste from one Project to another. I have not used it, but many have and few have any issues.

The Export to DV-AVI method is the main one. The only thing to think about is that you will want either a perfectly tight edit, before the Export, or a very loose edit (I'd go so far as to add 02 sec. of Black Video between un-Trimmed Clips), as you will not want to, say replace a Transition, as you would have to Trim even more of your Clips to create the necessary Handles.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful