3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2009 6:47 AM by ws1267

menu and sub-menu

kt03 Level 1

Is anyone knows where to find an example for creating the menu and sub-menus in coldusion?

• 1. Re: menu and sub-menu
          ilssac Level 5

Well here is one I currently use in one site.

<ul id="menu">

<li>Item 1</li>

<li>Item 2</li>

<li>Item 3</li>

<li>subItem 1</li>

<li>subItem 2</li>

<li>subItem 3</li>

But then I wouldn't know why you would bother with ColdFusion for this.  But then I am guessing that you want something different, but your post gives absolutely no clue on what that something might be.

• 2. Re: menu and sub-menu
            Adam Cameron. Level 5

Some really obvious suggestions are:

* Google "coldfusion menu".  There are quite a number of matches.

* I imagine you could even search these forums or just read the recent posts.  I've been discussing this with another posted within the last week.

* Do a bit of RTFM.  I suggest starting here, with the aptly named <cfmenu>: http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/8/htmldocs/Tags_m-o_04.html#2929198

• 3. Re: menu and sub-menu

here is a simple example using cfmenu:

<cfmenu name="menu" type="horizontal"
                       fontsize="14"  font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"  bgcolor="##ff9f40;"
                      selecteditemcolor="##dd6b04" selectedfontcolor="##FFFFFF" menustyle="border: 1;">
                  <cfmenuitem name="cfdiv" href="test1.cfm" display="Test1" />
                  <cfmenuitem name="cfdiv2"  href="test2.cfm" display="Test2"/>
                  <cfmenuitem name="JavaScripts"  display="JavaScripts">
                      <cfmenuitem name="test3" href="test3.cfm" display="test3"/>   
                      <cfmenuitem name="test3a" href="test3a.html" display="test3a"/>   
                  <cfmenuitem name="Examples"  display="Examples" >
                      <cfmenuitem name="cfgrid" href="cfgrid.cfm" display="CFGrid"/>   
                      <cfmenuitem name="cfgridwin" href="cfgridwindow.cfm" display="CFgrid in Popup Window"/>                   
                      <cfmenuitem name="monthDay" href="ymd.cfm" display="day base on month selected"/>                                
                  <cfmenuitem name="cfmenu" href="http://tutorial16.learncf.com/demo/16" display="cfmenu on the fly"/>

hope it helps.