8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2009 11:46 AM by GumpsterF

HTML inside flash

GumpsterF Level 1

I am trying to display a html based weather widget inside a flash asctinscript 2 file using CS3.

Can anyone point me to a tutorial on this?

Forrest

• 1. Re: HTML inside flash
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

flash textfields have limited support for html tags.  so, loading a html page into a swf is not usually going to work they way you want.

• 2. Re: HTML inside flash
            GumpsterF Level 1

Hello again kglad.

Thanks. i suspected as much when I was researching this. I just wanted to survey the experts before I gave up on this idea.

(I am trying to get a flash weather widget to work. Well I have it working, but I need to get it to 40k and I am not sure how to get the thing down form 80.

I posted another mesage here as I was trying to load this widget as answf file into another Flash file so the size won't "count" as it were.

Just will not load completely though.)

• 3. Re: HTML inside flash

you're welcome.

p.s.  try loading it into a non-zero level and see if it works correctly.

• 4. Re: HTML inside flash
                GumpsterF Level 1

I know you are going to think this is a stupid question, but how would you make an empty MovieClip a nonzero level object?

• 5. Re: HTML inside flash

you don't need one.  just use:

loadMovieNum("yourwidget.swf",1);

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: HTML inside flash
                    GumpsterF Level 1

kglad, would it be possible for you to look at my other posting called,

Loading a swf into a swf

That is the proper forum for this discussion. I have posted my files there in a zip format.

My yourwidget.fla (or in the my case, palm_springs_2.fla), has 2 scenes. When I use my loadMovie in my "Test load.fla", it loads the preload scene and not the main scene. However, when I remove the preload scene from palm_springs_2.fla it will not load the main scene content either.

I am using an empty movieClip (with a instance name of "empty_mc") to load the incoming "palm_springs_2.swf" and using the code;

empty_mc.loadMovie("palm_springs_2.swf");

If I use "empty_mc.loadMovieNum("palm_springs_3.swf",1);", I get nothing at all.

I know I am missing something. If you are able to look at this code I would really appreciate it.

Forrest

• 7. Re: HTML inside flash

i don't usually download and correct files unless i'm hired.

• 8. Re: HTML inside flash
                        GumpsterF Level 1

Yes, of course.

My appologies kglad.

Forrest