5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2008 8:37 AM by kglad

Text gets Lost

_OnisH
      Hi Guys,

I have a slideshow which dynamically loads images and captions from the xml file. Everything works great if the html page in which the swf file is embedded and the respective swf file are located on the same domain. But if I try to use the embed code on some other page which resides on completely different domain, I am not able to view any captions, everything else works just the way it should. I am using embed fonts, may be I have to change the approach for that. But how?, is the question.

Thanks a lot.
        • 1. Re: Text gets Lost
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          try adding the following to your external, or loaded, swf:

this._lockroot=true;
          • 2. Re: Text gets Lost
            _OnisH Level 1
            I am sorry for the delay in reply.

I tried out what you suggested but I it didn't work for me.

I have one more input for you. I am not even able to see a static text field on the stage which do not use any embed fonts. Font for this static field is arial. It works fine if the swf and the html page are at the same location (web server), but if I try to access the swf file in the html page which is not at the same location I see nothing.

Kindly let me know if you want me to provide some more specific inputs on this issue. I will do that.

Thanks
            • 3. Re: Text gets Lost
              all paths in your swf are relative to the html file that embeds your _level0 swf.
              • 4. Re: Text gets Lost
                _OnisH Level 1
                It was stupid of me to miss this simple thing, and I am very sorry that I wasted your time behind this.
                • 5. Re: Text gets Lost
                  you're welcome. (and i don't think that's so stupid. well, maybe it is but then i'd have to admit i'm stupid and have had that problem in the past.)