• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Losing focus in Captivate 3

Sep 21, 2009 Sep 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

We have built an online learning module that allows the learner to click on external links (say to look up a system process flowchart) and then return to the flash file to continue stepping through the guided learning activity. The guided learning includes lots of Page Up and Page Down instructions because the application pages they are so long:(

( Btw scrolling is not a satisfactory solution to moving around the application pages)

Problem is that when they access the external content via the browser, and return to the flash file, when they then try to use Page Up or Page Down to continue, focus has been lost and nothing happens.

Any practical solutions to this problem?

Much appreciated.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2009 Sep 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Perhaps as a matter of course you can stage a button to appear when the user clicks to view external content?

I'm thinking that if you did this it would force the user to click to continue. Clicking would then shift focus back to the Captivate.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 22, 2009 Sep 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick

This is a start - will do further testing. My only concern is that this 'Resume' button might have to be forward stage and therefore if always available could interfere with the interactive application running on that screen.

You suggested that the button would only appear if the user clicked on an external link....hmmm....so perhaps a javascript piece is attached to the buttons which access external content. That javascript displays a 'Resume' button to the user. Is that what you were suggesting?

I have no Java knowledge but we can have the script built if that is the way to go.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2009 Sep 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi agin

I wasn't suggesting JavaScript. My thought pattern was to suggest perhaps clicking the button to open the external link would release the pause from the Click Box or Button you used to initiate things. Then you might have a button staged to appear at a later time.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources