3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2009 5:52 PM by Jim_Simon

Shortcut to show timecode

mansell365 Level 1

Hello,

Please let me know if you how to do this, and the keyboard shortcut.

In PPro CS3, I could double-click any clip on the timeline, so it would appear in the source window, and then press the "F" key, and in the source window it would show the clip's source timecode, at the spot where my current time indicator was on the clip.

This doesn't happen in CS4, so please let me know how it's done.

Thanks,

Tom

• 1. Re: Shortcut to show timecode
          Jim_Simon Level 8

The M key (Match) will load the clip into the Source monitor with the CTI parked on the same frame.  You can read the frame's timecode in the lower left.

• 2. Re: Shortcut to show timecode
            mansell365 Level 1

Hi Jim,

Thank you for giving me that info. I'm all set now, and that's a really helpful feature.

I changed the keyboard shortcut from M to F, for me, "F" stands for frame.

I already reassigned "M" to be the shortcut for the track select tool ("M" for "move", since that's what that tool does).

I'm not always a fan of the logic behind Adobe's preset keyboard shortcuts, so I appreciate that they let us reassign them.

Tom

• 3. Re: Shortcut to show timecode
              Jim_Simon Level 8

I'm not always a fan of the logic behind Adobe's preset keyboard shortcuts

I hear ya.  The new shortcuts were assigned to accommodate (gulp) Mac users.

(Ewww, now I have to go wash out my mouth with soap.)