Welcome to the forum.
Now, a few questions:
1.) is your camera plugged into the AC mains, and not just running from the batteries?
2.) tell us how much free, defragmented space you have on all of your HDD's (Hard Disk Drives).
3.) do you happen to have a spare FW cable, that you could test with?
Just some thoughts:
a. Are you capturing with "Abort Capture on Dropped Frames" OFF (See Capture/Camcorder Icon top right of Capture Window/Device Control/Preferences/)?
b. For troubleshooting purposes, have you determined if you can DV capture firewire this footage into Windows Movie Maker and WinDV?
Thanks Hunt and ATR for your responses.
Answers to questions:
1) Started off using a battery but swapped to mains after first error;
2) Around 19gb free space (did a disc defrag about a week ago but will do another one to see if any change);
3) Only the one FireWire but used it today with Nero and data transfer fine;
4) 'Abort Capture on Dropped Frames' is off;
5) My Windows Movie Maker is a bit flaky but successfully transferred from tape to disc using Nero.
Tried uploading with PE again today but same problem subsists.
Thinking perhaps I should do a re-install of the software!