5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2009 10:43 AM by the manhunter

Do your versions of catalyst support video?

the manhunter

Hi,

I am really new to Catalyst but I have spent hours on tutorials and I think I am getting the hang of it. The problem I am having is that I cannot seem to add any video to my work. When I go to the Prerelease help page, there is a section on video that says you call up the file menu then scroll down to the "import" tab then "video/sounds". That feature does not exist on my version of Catalyst. It may be just that I am a noob and don't know what exactly to do or maybe it's that I got a "funny" version. Help?

Thank You

Collin Davies.

• 1. Re: Do your versions of catalyst support video?
          Tvoliter Adobe Employee

Hi Collin,

I am glad to hear you are learning Flash Catalyst. The ability to import video and sound will be available in beta II release of Flash Catalyst. You are correct that beta I does not have video/sound features. I believe the prerelease help site you encountered was for the prerelease version of Flash Catalyst which is different than Adobe's public beta of Flash Catalyst. I look forward to hearing what you think of video and sound control in beta II. Please post your feedback.

Ty

• 2. Re: Do your versions of catalyst support video?
            the manhunter Level 1

Thanks for your feedback. Have soldiered on with the tutorials. I realize that I've also been watching you give tutorials. Thanx for those. Can't wait for the Beta 2 release. Is it classified as to when it will be released? Feeling fairly confident and will try out something of my own. Do you think it's worth experimenting with workflow with Photoshop / illustrator, Catalyst and device central?

• 3. Re: Do your versions of catalyst support video?
              Tvoliter Adobe Employee

I'm glad you enjoyed the videos. I hope to create some more after customers get their hands on beta II.

The beta release date isn't public yet, so I am sorry I can't share that. I am very excited to see what customers think of all the new features and polish our team has added to Catalyst since beta I. Stay tuned...

Definitely experiement with Illustrator and Photoshop with Catalyst.  Catalyst supports round trip editing of artwork and components to Illustrator. And although direct round trip editing to Photoshop isnt' supported, customers have been able to edit from Catalyst to Illustrator first, and then launch and edit parts of the Illustrator file in Photoshop.

Ty

• 4. Re: Do your versions of catalyst support video?
                Tvoliter Adobe Employee

Collin,

Flash Catalyst Beta II just went live and it has enhanced video support!

- Import videos by choosing File > Import Video/Sound

- Then control the videos using the new Play Video, Pause Video, and Stop Video actions available in the Add Action menu in the Timeline panel.

Ty

• 5. Re: Do your versions of catalyst support video?
                  the manhunter Level 1

Hi

Thank you so much for giving me the heads up. Downloading it now. Not sleeping tonight as I attempt to conquer Beta II.