1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 22, 2009 5:45 PM by rshin

SerialElement w/ Nested ParallelElement Child

greg•hamer Level 1

The SerialElement does support having a ParallelElement as a child.

However, I have cases where the ParallelElement children are both of type VideoElement.  In this case subsequent SerialElement children do not display.

Must some specific logic be implemented for the SerialElement to complete playing all children if it has a ParallelElement child which itself has >1 VideoElement child?

I have posted my code at this link:
      http://flexflashvideo.com/09/osmf/nestParallel/srcview/

With the compiled SWF running here:
      http://flexflashvideo.com/09/osmf/nestParallel/

My code logic is based on the current OSMF ExamplePlayer (e.g. ParallelElement logic from AllExamples.as).  In my code this logic is now in the method createMediaElement().

The SerialElement sequence includes a 3 second clip of a man walking 3 times.  The sequence is:

• Man walking without ParallelElement
      • Man walking with ParallelElement overlayed on ReferenceSampleSWF.swf
      • Woman on a phone (4 seconds)
      • Woman on a phone (4 seconds) with ParallelElement alongside of the man walking (3 seconds) (using RelativeLayoutFacet logic in applyAdjacentLayout() method)
        ** SerialElement stops **
      • ReferenceSampleSWF.swf alone
      • Woman on a phone (4 seconds) with ParallelElement overlayed by man walking (3 seconds)

I tested a bit.  Where I indicated "** SerialElement stops **" the problem occurs even if the ParallelElement children are

• both the same video
      • overlayed or adjacent
      • include a TemporalProxyElement of the same length as the VideoElement.

Insights and/or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

g

• 1. Re: SerialElement w/ Nested ParallelElement Child
          rshin Level 3

Hi Greg

Thanks for the details.  I don't think there would be a specific logic required for the Serial that has a parallel with the same video.

I've tried your test case with available test assets here and it seemed to play the end of the video element of the serialElement, except that the last piece, Temporal Proxy as VideoElement went on audio when video doesn't.

There might have been fixes related to layout

Serial Element should play ok even with the below conditon you mentioned, so if you noticed in your case with the latest Strobe, please file a bug in Jira.

* both the same video

* overlayed or adjacent

* include a TemporalProxyElement of the same length as the VideoElement

Thanks for your report.

Ryan