2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2009 2:11 PM by Ehome.Arkham

FileShare in .AIR?

Ehome.Arkham

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.io.fileshare.aspx

This enumeric exists or have a similar in .AIR?

• 1. Re: FileShare in .AIR?
          adobe_paul Adobe Employee

Yes, it's the flash.filesystem.FileMode class. That class defines the possible values for the fileMode parameter of the FileStream.open() and FileStream.openAsync() methods.

ActionScript (and consequently AIR) don't have a concept of "true" enumerations that are strongly typed like the ones in C#/.NET. Instead, in ActionScript when a property or a method parameter expects a predefined set of values, there's a corresponding "pseudo-enum" class like the FileMode class that only includes static constants, each of which represents one of the possible values.

(And I should add that although I linked to the Flex documentation and talk about ActionScript, these methods and classes are also available in JavaScript-based AIR applications.)

• 2. Re: FileShare in .AIR?
            Ehome.Arkham Level 1

But when I take the control of a file, in FileMode.READ and other app want to write something here, my app dont work. The same case happens when I take the control and the other app want to write something, the other app fails.