2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2009 2:52 PM by the_wine_snob

AVCHD editing on a P3-450?

Harm Millaard Level 7

Do you think that performance is about equal to the forum performance recently?

Adobe, your infrastructure is in dire need of upgrading, even your support site was down! With the frequent problems you have with your servers and software, it is beginning to look like a complete disaster. Some might even say that it remesmbles the stability of PR in some cases. Luckily for me PR is far more stable than your site, but you ought to be ashamed about the performance and frequency of problems.

• 1. Re: AVCHD editing on a P3-450?
          Harm Millaard Level 7

I now know the answer. The forum is way slower than editing AVCHD on a P3-450.

• 2. Re: AVCHD editing on a P3-450?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Harm,

Good analogy. At least the problem seems to be solved, or nearly so. Even Adobe admitted to a "slow down," though the statment was off by several hours by my experience. As was pointed out in another forum, the problem came earlier by about 5 hours, and lasted about 4 hours longer than was acknowledged, and I was using PDT (Pacific Daylight Time), the same as Adobe.

Now, it has come to light what the problem was. The Adobe servers are powered by several generators. These are, in turn, powered by a bunch of gerbils in those little wheels. The gerbils went on strike for an increase in their kibble allowances - no more kibbles - no more running in those wheels. It took Adobe a bit to up that kibble allowance, and now the gerbils are back to running. At least that is what I think happened.

Hunt