5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2008 11:39 AM by

Dreamweaver MX Login

bspp
      I need to create a simple way for users to login to a wholesale section of a website. The main site consists of various pictured items and should be available to everyone. The same pages, except showing wholesale prices, should be available only to those who can login with password - ie: the wholesale customers, not the general public. I propose to create 2 pages for each item, one for the general public and one showing prices for wholesale customers, otherwise the same. Can anyone suggest a simple method of letting customers who have a login/password access to the wholesale pages? I can use the same login/password for everyone, which will be given when they register. Thank you in anticipation!
        • 1. Re: Dreamweaver MX Login
          Level 7

Use the server model of your choice .. you will need a database with a Login
          table or a table with Username and Password as fields .. then create a Login
          Page and the Login server behavior will send the user to the first protected
          page.

Use the Restrict Access to Protected Pages server behavior on all the pages
          you need protected. Don't put it on the one for the general public. That's
          basically the idea. More info here:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15881&sliceId=2

Nancy

"bspp" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g25fk7$dc2$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I need to create a simple way for users to login to a wholesale section of
          >a
          > website. The main site consists of various pictured items and should be
          > available to everyone. The same pages, except showing wholesale prices,
          > should
          > be available only to those who can login with password - ie: the wholesale
          > customers, not the general public. I propose to create 2 pages for each
          > item,
          > one for the general public and one showing prices for wholesale customers,
          > otherwise the same. Can anyone suggest a simple method of letting
          > customers who
          > have a login/password access to the wholesale pages? I can use the same
          > login/password for everyone, which will be given when they register. Thank
          > you
          > in anticipation!
          >

• 2. Re: Dreamweaver MX Login
            bregent Most Valuable Participant
            >I can use the same login/password for everyone, which will be given when they register.

The easiest way to do this is to password protect the folder on the web server. Check your host control panel for this option, or ask your host. The DW server behaviors to restrict access may be overkill for this scenario.
            • 3. Re: Dreamweaver MX Login
              bspp Level 1
              Thanks Nancy - I'll give it a try!
              • 4. Re: Dreamweaver MX Login
                bspp Level 1
                Thanks Bregent - between the 2 good answers I received I'm sure I can figure it out.
                • 5. Re: Dreamweaver MX Login
                  I am not clear with your idea can tell me more